Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Clive Tyldesley & Glenn Hoddle

edited November 2015 in Charlton International
Is it just me who can't stand these two?, I've never liked Hoddle but when co-commentating with Tyldesley it just a whole new level of pain, and it drives me mental. I especially, hate, the way, that Tyldesley, has to, break everything down, to short, sentences.
«1

Comments

  • It's like two people in the crowd having a chat.
  • Horrendous, although not as bad as it was with Townsend.

    Tyler and Neville the best IMO.
  • It's like two people in the crowd having a chat.

    And you can't switch seats.
  • edited November 2015

    Horrendous, although not as bad as it was with Townsend.

    Tyler and Neville the best IMO.

    Agree with that.
  • Hoddle expects everybody to be as good as he was. For the whole 90 minutes.
  • We are finished.No I will take over and invest a billion and see my team win the European
    cup before I die.
  • Hoddle saying how calm Ali is around the box on the replay of his goal, just ten minutes after digging him out for never looking calm when Kane put him through.
  • Always thought Pougatch was good on 5 live and I much prefer him to Adrian Chiles.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Tyldesley is a vacuous, blethering, cushion-faced prick.

    Very fair comment.
  • edited November 2015

    Tyldesley is a vacuous, blethering, cushion-faced prick.

    that's a relief I thought it was just me who disliked him
  • Horrendous, although not as bad as it was with Townsend.

    Tyler and Neville the best IMO.

    Completely agree. Much better than Andy "I don't know why he's done that, Clive" Townsend. It's not like you're paid to tell us why players make the decisions they do as co commentator. The only person who does that is G Neville
  • I can think of a lot worse than those two.
  • Absolutely detest Tyldesley. Turn the sound down when he's commentating. Not many commentators I do like to be honest. Martin Tyler is ok and I don't mind Jonathan Pearce.
  • Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable as Hoddle started talking about the events in France...and you just began to wonder where he was going with his ramblings but then he stuck to the football.

    I bet his brain was doing overtime, telling himself not to say anything which could be seen as inflamatory.
  • Andy Gray and Martin Tyler were the best IMO, 'take a bow son'
  • Hoddle expects everybody to be as good as he was. For the whole 90 minutes.

    Which was mentioned during his management career too. He'd be trying to coach players whilst simultaneously trying to prove that he was/is better than them.

  • JohnBoyUK said:

    Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable as Hoddle started talking about the events in France...and you just began to wonder where he was going with his ramblings but then he stuck to the football.

    I bet his brain was doing overtime, telling himself not to say anything which could be seen as inflamatory.

    What like they must have sinned in a previous life so brought it on themselves?
  • iaitch said:

    JohnBoyUK said:

    Did anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable as Hoddle started talking about the events in France...and you just began to wonder where he was going with his ramblings but then he stuck to the football.

    I bet his brain was doing overtime, telling himself not to say anything which could be seen as inflamatory.

    What like they must have sinned in a previous life so brought it on themselves?
    I was indeed referring to the fact he has previous for saying the wrong thing.
  • Sponsored links:


  • What a combination. What with my general levels of apathy towards England football, these two chumps and the fact it was a friendly, it was channel hopping time after the Marseillaise...
  • edited November 2015
    Just watching the Watford v Man Utd game. Glenn Hoddle and Michael Owen commentating. So bad that I've had to mute the sound. I've never heard anybody talk so much bullocks as Hoddle (actually that's a lie - Colin does)
  • I don't know why BT have to have two summarisers and also have Howard Webb for any refereeing decisions, plus the amount of times they advertise upcoming games on BT its a wonder they have any time to commentate on what's happening on the pitch.
  • Listening to Michael Owen reminds me of this guy...
  • The worst thing that happened to TV football was the introduction of the football "expert" summariser. Now you have two blokes having a chat, just like two blokes having a chat while watching the game in a pub.

    As for Glenn Hoddle, the man with some very unusual ideas; I wonder if he thinks all those people killed in Paris were because of the sins they had committed in previous lives?
  • What Hoddle believes is completely irrelevant. What he said in an interview that most of us didn't read, let alone hear the quotes from, that took place over 15 years ago, really does not matter.

    He lost his job, and got widely mocked, and what he said had very little influence on what anybody else believes. Yet any time his name comes up, the bog standard response is "well, I wonder if he thinks past lives blah blah blah" like it's an original thought.

    Maybe those of you with disabled relations could take extra offence, but I still don't see the point in wasting the energy on that - what he says or thinks on that front didn't amount to a bean, let alone a hill of them.

    He's a very bright football mind, and has done an incredible amount of work for players who don't make it, helping them find careers one way or another. Nobody brings that up though, right? Why would you, it's not an easy joke to make to score internet points with.

    Sometimes he comes up with some interesting insights, but mostly he just sounds like a generic ITV summariser. It's a shame he's not a very engaging pundit, as he does often make sense. But it's fair to judge him on that alone, rather than bashing him for his, albeit completely out of whack to the rest of us, religious beliefs.

    Personally, I think all relgious people are mad, but I don't hit them on the head with it just because they dare to be on TV (where, I hasten to add, Hoddle hasn't said one goddamn thing about religion).
  • JiMMy 85 said:

    What Hoddle believes is completely irrelevant. What he said in an interview that most of us didn't read, let alone hear the quotes from, that took place over 15 years ago, really does not matter.

    He lost his job, and got widely mocked, and what he said had very little influence on what anybody else believes. Yet any time his name comes up, the bog standard response is "well, I wonder if he thinks past lives blah blah blah" like it's an original thought.

    Maybe those of you with disabled relations could take extra offence, but I still don't see the point in wasting the energy on that - what he says or thinks on that front didn't amount to a bean, let alone a hill of them.

    He's a very bright football mind, and has done an incredible amount of work for players who don't make it, helping them find careers one way or another. Nobody brings that up though, right? Why would you, it's not an easy joke to make to score internet points with.

    Sometimes he comes up with some interesting insights, but mostly he just sounds like a generic ITV summariser. It's a shame he's not a very engaging pundit, as he does often make sense. But it's fair to judge him on that alone, rather than bashing him for his, albeit completely out of whack to the rest of us, religious beliefs.

    Personally, I think all relgious people are mad, but I don't hit them on the head with it just because they dare to be on TV (where, I hasten to add, Hoddle hasn't said one goddamn thing about religion).

    By that logic we best get Ron Atkinson back as well.
  • Aaah good old Big Ron.

    Remember watching a Spurs game, Anthony Gardner was playing left back for Spurs.

    'You know what Clive' says Big Ron.

    'What's that' says Clive.

    Ron replies 'He must be the biggest left back in captivity'.

    No big hoo haa, maybe pre PC days when everyone wasn't so delicate.

  • Ray Wilkins used to make me laugh when he commentated on Chelsea "oh that's a cracking tackle by John there"
  • Ray Wilkins made me laugh a lot too - when he was still skipper of Chelsea and smugly suggested to Brian Moore that he thought they'd see us off in their next fixture. Step forward Flanagan & McAuley!
Sign In or Register to comment.