Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
«13

Comments

  • That's quite a decline to sign for a non league side, surprised he couldn't maintain a place in a L1 or L2 side
  • Welcome Lawrie...may go to Ebbsfleet Saturday
  • Maybe location has something to do with it
  • Wilson, Nicky Bailey and Danny Haynes all dropped into non league at quite a young age really

  • Wilson, Nicky Bailey and Danny Haynes all dropped into non league at quite a young age really

    Danny Haynes’ body is fucked though. Had chocolate hamstrings as far back as when he was at Ipswich.
  • Shame, should have come back to us
  • Sponsored links:


  • kimbo said:

    Shame, should have come back to us

    I don’t think he’d go anywhere near the current regime and I don’t blame him
  • kimbo said:

    Shame, should have come back to us

    I don’t think he’d go anywhere near the current regime and I don’t blame him
    I dunno, enough dosh and he would be here in a shot.
  • edited January 9
    Halix said:

    kimbo said:

    Shame, should have come back to us

    I don’t think he’d go anywhere near the current regime and I don’t blame him
    I dunno, enough dosh and he would be here in a shot.
    Whisper it, but if Lawrie's signing for Ebsfleet at the age of 30, sadly he's probably not likely to be good enough for us now
  • Halix said:

    kimbo said:

    Shame, should have come back to us

    I don’t think he’d go anywhere near the current regime and I don’t blame him
    I dunno, enough dosh and he would be here in a shot.
    This. Offer a player enough money and he’d go anywhere.
  • You can take the player out of non league but not the non league out of the player. And by that I mean that some actually just like playing football.

    Good luck Lawrie - I'm sure you'll be a great success.

    Plus he's been living 'oop north' ...... maybe his wife and young family just want to come home?



  • Couldn't get in the 4th from bottom Port Vale team
  • Oggy Red said:

    You can take the player out of non league but not the non league out of the player. And by that I mean that some actually just like playing football.

    Good luck Lawrie - I'm sure you'll be a great success.

    Plus he's been living 'oop north' ...... maybe his wife and young family just want to come home?



    Correct, he just wants to come home.
  • LenGlover said:

    I think Lawrie was at Stevenage when they were still a Conference / National or whatever they call it now club and 'grew' with them to a level whereby we signed him once more.

    He therefore has experience of the level which will suit Ebbsfleet and I suspect that financially he will be better off there than at most third and fourth tier clubs.

    Win win for both the player and the club potentially I'd say.

    Ebsfleet using the wages they saved from Varney's departure to pay Wilson!
  • Sponsored links:


  • LenGlover said:

    I think Lawrie was at Stevenage when they were still a Conference / National or whatever they call it now club and 'grew' with them to a level whereby we signed him once more.

    He therefore has experience of the level which will suit Ebbsfleet and I suspect that financially he will be better off there than at most third and fourth tier clubs.

    Win win for both the player and the club potentially I'd say.

    Stacey Long was there & I believe his dad said to PV to have a look at LW.
  • LenGlover said:

    I think Lawrie was at Stevenage when they were still a Conference / National or whatever they call it now club and 'grew' with them to a level whereby we signed him once more.

    He therefore has experience of the level which will suit Ebbsfleet and I suspect that financially he will be better off there than at most third and fourth tier clubs.

    Win win for both the player and the club potentially I'd say.

    Stacey Long was there & I believe his dad said to PV to have a look at LW.
    Stacey is still at the Fleet.
  • BDL said:

    LenGlover said:

    I think Lawrie was at Stevenage when they were still a Conference / National or whatever they call it now club and 'grew' with them to a level whereby we signed him once more.

    He therefore has experience of the level which will suit Ebbsfleet and I suspect that financially he will be better off there than at most third and fourth tier clubs.

    Win win for both the player and the club potentially I'd say.

    Stacey Long was there & I believe his dad said to PV to have a look at LW.
    Stacey is still at the Fleet.
    Last time I saw him, he was driving a DB8.
  • Do Charlton-lite have a one in / one out policy to maintain that 'real Charlton feel about the place' ? :-)

    Good luck Lawrie. Anyone know if he is still alright or has he reverted to being, well, not alright?
  • Do Charlton-lite have a one in / one out policy to maintain that 'real Charlton feel about the place' ? :-)

    Good luck Lawrie. Anyone know if he is still alright or has he reverted to being, well, not alright?

    Behave!

    We will find out tonight!
  • Redhenry said:

    Couldn't get in the 4th from bottom Port Vale team

    If you can't get a regular place in a mid table League 2 side then something is not right for a player of his ability.

    A step down and nearer to home may do him good.
  • Redhenry said:

    Couldn't get in the 4th from bottom Port Vale team

    Would have been an ideal signing for Charlton then.

  • Redhenry said:

    Couldn't get in the 4th from bottom Port Vale team

    What a strange fall they've had. Wasn't it just over a year ago that they were top six in this division?

    Nobody make the comparison. Don't think it. It definitely can't happen to us.
  • Notice he started for them tonight away to maidstone
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!